Anchovies are a tiny green like fishes and their silver colored stripe makes it capable of giving blue reflections. This type of fish has been known to be milder than other type of fishes with a great flavor, anchovies have also been known to supply iron, improve heart health, a good source of Omega-3 and also helps in the formation of healthy and strong bones. So in this article I will be showing you some of the many ways through which you can prepare this delicious little fishes.
1. Grilled romaine salad with ipa Caesar dressing
- 2 Romaine hearts, cut lengthwise, 2 tbs olive oil, ½ cup Parmesan, Croutons, 6 anchovies filets, packed in oil, 1 clove garlic, smashed, 2 egg yolks at room temperature, ½ tsp Dijon mustard, ¼ cup IPA at room temperature, 2 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and 3 tbs Parmesan cheese.
How to Make
- After you have preheated the grill to a medium temperature, brush the lettuce with the olive oil and place it on the grill for about 3 mins.
- Then blend in a food processor or blender the anchovies, garlic, egg yolks, beer and mustard for another 3 mins.
- Heat the olive oil for about 20 seconds and then slowly add the oil to the anchovies and the rest of the ingredients while they are still in the food processor.
- At this point, all that remains is to dress it and serve.
2. Roast monkish with cumin and coriander spice
- 2 large aubergines, 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, olive oil, for frying, 100 ml double cream, 2 lemons, zest of 1, juice of both. Salt and freshly ground black pepper, 2 x 200 g monk-fish, fillets, skinned melted butter, 100 g green olives, 1 tablespoons capers, 6 salted anchovies, 1 finely chopped red chili, 5 tablespoons olive oil, ½ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley and celery leaves.
How to make
- After you have preheated the aubergine to about 180o C/350o F, burn the skin by placing them over an open flame. Once it’s done, place the auberigine on a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes till it’s well cooked and then leave it to cool on a table.
- Then toast the coriander seeds and blend them in a spice grinder, heat a small amount of olive oil and stir in the toasted spice powder, then cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once it’s hot, you can add the lemon zest, your double cream, your seasoning, your lemon juice and then proceed to dressing.
Image courtesy by: foods4betterhealth.com