Looking to tone down your mid-stomach area? If yes, then you have come the perfect place for that. Maybe you’ve tried toning your abdominals in the past, using different methods and even some over-the-counter drugs but was all for nothing. The good news is: there are some workouts that can help you tone down your abdominals within a short period of time. These exercises were designed in such a way that when correctly performed, they will automatically yield positive results. Also, depending on how committed you are, you can have your abdominals toned to a perfect look in no time. Read on to find out more on the best exercises to tone your abdominals.
1. Crossover Reaches
Designed to help you crush your core – pull your abdominals in and really twist your body to get the lower abs and obliques working.
How to do:
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched straight up to the ceiling and hands stacked palm over palm behind your head.
- Lower one leg down to a 45-degree angle and reach across your body toward the pinky toe with the opposite arm.
- Pulse your body up five times. Repeat on the other side.
2. Single-Leg Teaser
This exercise engages the abdominals. When performing and feel your lower back taking over, hold on gently behind your thighs instead of reaching for the toes.
How to do:
- Lie flat on your back and extend one leg up and out to 45 degrees. Bend your other leg at a 90-degree angle. Keep your knees together.
- Curl head and chest up, reaching arms toward toes. Curl all the way up, coming to a seated position.
- Round slowly down only to the bottom tip of shoulder blades, then come right back up. Switch legs.
3. Lower Lift
Your main aim here should be keeping your abs engaged by keeping a wrinkle in your shirt right at your sternum or bra strap.
How to do:
- Lie flat on your back and extend your legs up toward the ceiling.
- First, curl your head and chest up, with your hands stacked palm over palm behind your head. Then lower your legs to 45 degrees.
- Tighten your abdominals and lift legs straight back up to 90 degrees.
- Repeat 10 times.