Walking on sand is entirely different as with on ice. The major difference is the shoes needed to walk on both are very different. In walking on ice you need a pair of shoes that will prevent injury and support your feet and weight in all.
Factors to note when looking for a shoe that is compatible with the ice floor;
- Are shoes that have large threads or raised patterns to help keep your feet firm on the ground.
- When you’re walking on ice, you need a pair of shoes that will support your body weight and help you prevent injury.
- Another area to look at is the bottom of the shoes, as the soles should be entirely waterproof
- It is also important to check if the shoe has good insulation, a very good shoe for walking on ice will have linnings of Thinsulate or other materials created to keep the warmth in always.
Things To Watch Out For
Although materials and construction play the biggest role in creating the best shoes for walking on ice, shoppers commonly overlook other important factors.
Here are some common Pitfalls;
- Make sure your shoe fits snugly; if it doesn’t, no amount of technology will keep you from slipping on ice.
- Check out the weight of the shoe before purchase. In the past, winter shoes were heavier, but today the shoes are made to be lightweight and are very quality and safe to put on. Aiding easy walking.
- It is important to buy quality shoes from reputable stores known for athletes, sports or any shoes that are suitable for difficult areas. as they know the best shoes to recommend and can help you for further shoe advise.
The prices for these “ice shoes” are significantly higher than the normal kind since they are made of high tech materials and more complex engineering. Worth buying.