When people think of losing weight, they think of all the things that have to change and one of them is the food. It becomes a drag to go ahead with this exercise because of the mentality that one won’t be eating their desired meals any more, except for leaves and sticks of celery involved.
This is not quite so as the foods you change to are not only healthier but are delicious to boot. The more you research and practice on these delicious recipes, the more you will love your new diet. Here is an example of a healthy, simple and fast diet to prepare without all the hazards that one goes through in making a dish.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Yield: Goes for 12 halves
Note: It is important to note that you can use freshly cooked artichoke hearts or the ones that have been canned, packed in water. But the artichoke hearts that are packed in a marinade will overshadow the dish in taste.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 3/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts (from about 1/2 14-ounce can artichokes hearts in water, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained
- 4 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced chives or green onion greens, packed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon and/or parsley, packed
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprigs of mâche lettuce or spinach for garnish
How to prepare
- Remove shells and cut open the eggs in a neat half, using a knife. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl. Then place the white in a flat laid out tray.
- Using a food processor, chop the artichokes, capers, chives, parsley, green olives, and tarragon, pulsing a few times along the way. If you don’t have one, you can use a knife and chop them thinly. (However, it might not be as finely mashed as with a food processor, except you do not want to grind all.)
- In another bowl, break up one of the egg yolks with a fork, mix in the mayonnaise until it is smooth, then add the artichoke mixture, parmesan cheese (or any of your choice) and some black pepper. You can add up any other spice you have, to be creative, as long it blends well. If not stay safe.
- Then arrange the egg halves nice on a tray, take a spoon and neatly stuff the eggs with the artichoke mixture.
- Then the next step, using a grater to grate all over the egg halves on the large tray.
- Garnish with the mâche or spinach.
Image courtesy of: pinterest.com.