Pimples affect many people, both teenagers and adults. Pimples are caused by skin inflammation that occurs when the oil glands (sebaceous glands) are infected by bacteria. It swells and fills up with pus. Pimples can occur anywhere on the face, neck, shoulders and the back. However, it can make a person feel miserable because of their appearance, especially on the face, as it makes the face look rough. Some people may have occasional occurrences of pimples growing on their skin, and others may have an ongoing growth. Studies have revealed that people who are frequently having ongoing growth of pimples may feel depressed. However, the effective treatment of pimples can help a person overcome the emotional and psychological side effects like anxiety, low self image and embarrassment.
How to get rid of pimples
Some people may think that the easiest and fastest way to get rid of pimples is squeezing it with a nail. It is not really a good habit or way to get rid of pimples because the infections might spread to other parts of the face. This is the reason why doctors do not often recommend self medicating to get rid of pimples. But if you can follow pimple eradicating instructions properly, the result can be rewarding.
The following can help any person to get rid of pimples quickly
- Wash your face at least twice a day with warm water and soap.
- Avoid squeezing or bursting them on your face, as it may cause infection and spread it to other areas.
- Consult a specialist for treatment, especially if you are going to an event like a wedding or a speaking engagement.
- Take time to keep your hands and nails clean. Wash them regularly.
- Wear loose clothing whenever possible as it will help the skin to feel free. In short, allow the skin to breath.
- Watch how you put on makeup, don’t allow pimples to spread around your face.
- If the skin is constantly exposed to sunlight, it may result in excess production of sebum.
- Always shave your face carefully with an electric shaver or with safety razors.
Image courtesy of: conquest.co.za