Fruits are all considered to be healthy supplements for our body’s growth. Yet according to some focus groups, frozen fruit is preferred to be more effective. Frozen fruit is given priority over regular fruit. Fruits are already high on water levels and pretty beneficial. But the thing with frozen fruits is that when you eat frozen or cold stuff, your metabolism increases while trying to warm the food and bringing it to body temperature. According to a study by Dr. Brian C. Weiner, frozen food creates the greatest calorie deficit burning up to 160 calories to digest 1 liter. That is why fruits and drinks should be preferred frozen during the summer.
You already know that fruit is very important for your health. Fruit is an effective detoxifier, improves the healing process, and helps in healthy weight loss. The best fruit to eat when trying to lose weight is banana. Bananas are a natural anti-acid fruit. Along with that, the best fruits for today are apples, watermelon, and citrus. There are no restrictions on how much fruit you can eat. Eat whenever you feel hungry. Do not stick to a specific fruit diet for people have individual intolerances to specific fruits. For instance, following a banana diet can cause diseases like thrombophlebitis and varicose veins. A simple recipe to make healthy frozen banana bites is given below.
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil (or other neutral vegetable oil)
3 ripe bananas
3 cups total toppings — 1 cup each of sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or any other.
- Melt the chocolate: Fill in a boiler with the required amount of chocolate and just about a pint of water. Cover the boiler with a bowl or a similar utensil to give more heat and speed up the process. Keep on checking until chocolate melts completely.
- Prepare the bananas and toppings: Peel the bananas while the chocolate melts and cut them into half or 3 pieces according to your liking.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate: Add and stir coconut oil until it gets totally saturated in the chocolate dip.
- Dip a banana slice: One by one dip a banana slice into the chocolate dip and place them separately on a tray to dry.
- Coat the banana slice: Now coat the banana slices into the coating you made before they dry up.
- Transfer the banana slice to the baking sheet: Use a clean fork to dip the banana slices and make sure it does not fall off the fork by using your finger.
- Freeze until solid: Put the Slices into the refrigerator for freezing over night. The more frozen the better.
Image Courtesy by: nobiggie.net, howsweeteats.com.