If you attend cocktail parties, work dinners, and even backyard barbecues on a frequent basis, then you must know how hard it can be to stay away from all those unhealthy drinks you’ll find there. Or perhaps you just can’t stay away from those unhealthy drinks, even without the extra temptation.
If this sounds like you, then you must know some of the more healthy ways you can indulge night time cocktails. Read on to find out what these drinks are:
1. Bitters and soda
These low-in-calorie and clean drinks are some of the best options, as far being healthy goes. Bitters are herbal mixtures of alcohol and other interesting ingredients, with about thirty to forty-five percent alcohol. Combining that with a low calorie club soda makes this a pleasing treat that won’t cause your body to add on a few unwanted, extra pounds.
This is one drink you can indulge in on a chilly night out with friends. Since a glass is only 90 calories, which is about 10 calories less than a bottle of light beer or a glass of wine, Champagne a fine option to go for on those nights you feel like celebrating.
3. Cucumber green tea cooler
- 1.5 brewed Sencha green tea
- Three table spoon peeled, seeded, pureed organic cucumber
- Two table spoon muddled fresh mint
- Two table spoon fresh lime juice
- Two packet Stevia powder
- Five oz vodka
- Cucumber slices, thinly sliced
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients except vodka and sliced cucumber to pitcher and stir.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours. When well chilled, double strain mint and cucumber.
- Add vodka and stir. Add ice to each glass, and float thinly sliced cucumbers. Garnish with rosemary sprig.
4. Sparkling ginger appletini
- Four slices Honey Crisp apple
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One and half table spoon Stevia ginger syrup
- One oz vodka
- One oz hard cider
What to do:
- Muddle apple, lemon juice, and ginger syrup.
- Add vodka. Shake over ice, and double strain into ice-filled highball glass.
- Top with hard cider.
image couresy: kulinarium-austria.at, prevention.com.