Standing abs workout strengthen your body’s core which plays a fundamental role in every movement. Many exercise may not indicate this way but whatever area you area focusing from head to toe, your core will play a vital role in helping you out. Standing ab exercises are awesome to tone and make your core stronger.
Standing ab workout moves help out in developing a better core because abs have to be intensely engaged for standing straight and stable. Many people experience pain in their neck or hips when doing core workouts on the mat.
While you shouldn’t neglect your floor abs workout entirely, standing exercises are a great way to mix up your regular routine.
If you don’t want to follow the same old core strengthening crunches routine, these are your moves.
1. Reverse Dumbbell Chop | Standing Abs Workout
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands and stand with your feet hip-width apart. Bend your knees and rotate your torso to the left so that your hands are on the outside of your left thigh.
- Keeping your arms straight, slowly swing the weight diagonally across your torso so that it’s above your right shoulder as you straighten your legs.
- Reverse the movement to return to start. That’s rep 1 for you, perform 10 of these, and then switch sides.
2. Standing Side Bends | Standing Ab Exercise
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hands behind your head and elbows wide.
- Lift your left knee toward your left elbow while you bend your torso up and over to the left. That’s 1 rep, perform 10 repetitions, and then switch sides.
3. Warrior Balance | Standing Ab Workout
- Stand on your left foot and lift your right knee to hip height in front of your body.
- Reach your torso forward as you extend your right leg behind you. Keep your standing leg slightly bent as your torso becomes parallel with the floor. Extend your arms overhead to help with balance.
- Pause for a second, then reverse the movement. That will be your first rep, do 10 reps, and then switch sides.
4. Core Stabilizer | Standing Ab Exercise
- Start standing with your feet hip-width apart. Hold a dumbbell straight out in front of your chest with both hands.
- Move your torso slightly, and slowly begin to rotate your arms to the right as far as you can.
- Pause for a second. Then rotate in the opposite direction. 1 rep is done, do 10 of these.
Here is ab Pilates workout which you can do at home using any wall. These wall Pilates workout is also very effective to get ripped and strong abs fast.