Yoga is a good way of getting into shape including shrinking your tummy effectively. Yoga poses help you improve your mental and physical health. These yoga poses are best for shrinking your belly and losing extra pounds of fat. When you combine these yoga poses with proper clean and healthy diet, you will get visible results in few weeks.
The yoga poses which you will performing are cobra pose, bow pose, knees to chest, and sun salutations. The video instruction at the end will help you to do these yoga poses for reducing belly fat and improve your digestion and metabolism. It is important to do yoga poses the right way to avoid any injuries.
Here are 4 best belly and back fat reducing yoga poses you must do for faster results.
1. Cobra Pose
Cobra pose targets the abdominal muscles, but it will also make your back and upper body part strong, and enhance the flexibility of your spine.
- Lay on your belly with your legs stretched out, the forehead onto the floor, and the palms under your shoulders.
- The elbows tucked close to your body and touching your ribs.
- Inhale deeply, and lift your chest, head, and shoulders off the floor such that your back is ached.
- Keep your hips and thighs on the floor. Raise your head as high as you can and stay in that position for 10 to 30 seconds and then slowly lower down.
- Do this for 5 times, but take a break for 15 seconds between each movement.
2. Bow Pose
Bow pose is good way to strengthen your abdominal muscles and increase the elasticity of your body, particulary in the spine and the back.
- Lay down on your tummy, stretch out your legs and the hands.
- Exhale slowly while bending your knees upward.
- Try to bring your legs as close as you can to your butt and then reach your arms back and grab your ankles.
- Take a deep breath and remain in that position for 10 to 20 seconds then release and exhale.
- Do this for 5 times with 15 second pause in between.
3. Knee to Chest
This pose is also an excellent yoga pose to tighten your abdominal muscles, stretch the spine and, speed up the metabolism.
- Lay on your back and stretch out your legs.
- Bend your knees and slowly move them towards your chest.
- Hold your knees and pull them close to your body.
- Hold the position for 60 seconds and release the knees and exhale slowly.
- Repeat this for 5 times with 15 second pause between movements.
4. Sun Salutation
Sun salutation is a series of 12 different poses done in a specific order to strengthen the abdominal muscles. This yoga workout also improves the digestive system by making bowel movements more regular. The most importantly it also promote weight loss by not allowing fat accumulation around the tummy. You can watch the video to see how to perform sun salutation.
You may find it a bit difficult to perform these workouts in the beginning but then it will become a fun routine to do. You will not only lose body fat but also you will feel more energetic.