Looking to get rid of your lower belly bulge? If yes, then be sure to find this article helpful. Nowadays, many people find it difficult to get rid of the lower abdominal bulge. Why? Well, majority believe that doing hundreds of sit-ups or stomach crunches is the right way to go about the whole thing. But the truth is, neither of those exercises can get rid of extra lower belly fat. Experts have suggested that to reduce your lower belly fat, you have to burn fat throughout your body with cardiovascular exercises, as well as toning the muscles. Performing cardiovascular exercises such as running, cycling, jumping rope and many others – for 40 to 60 minutes – five days each week, is by far the most effective means of weight loss and prevention of weight regain. Read on to find out more on five moves to lose lower belly bulge.
1. Strength training
Engage strength training to tone and tighten the muscles in the lower stomach.
How to do:
- Begin by lying down with your back on the floor and your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Keep your back and legs straight and your arms by your sides, while raising your legs 6 inches off the ground.
- Place your legs back down and repeat this 10 times; do three sets of 10 repetitions.
- Carry out this exercise twice a week on non-consecutive days.
2. Raised leg crunches
How to do:
- Lie back down on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you. Cross your feet and raise your legs toward your chest.
- Place your hands behind your head and raise your shoulders off the floor.
- Make sure you keep your stomach tight and your back straight.
- Bring your shoulders back down to the floor and repeat 10 times; do three sets overall.
- Do raised leg crunches twice a week on alternate days.
3. Adopt a healthy means of dieting
So basically, you’ll have to reduce your overall calorie intake by about 500 calories daily and reduce fat intake to less than 30 percent of your total calories. Consume plenty of fiber-rich foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Fiber reduces bloating as it aids in digestion. It also keeps you feeling fuller for longer, which can help prevent you from snacking on unhealthy food options. Snack on a handful of nuts instead of candy. Eat plenty of protein-rich foods such as chicken, fish, lean red meats and soy products. Protein aids in muscle recovery, which is important if you wish to reduce your lower abdominal bulge.
3. Drink plenty of water
Water aids digestion and speeds up the metabolism. Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day to stay hydrated throughout the day. If you wish to lose your lower abdominal belly bulge, it is important that you remain hydrated. Add one glass of water for every hour of exercise that you perform.