Could it be that your face is susceptible to inflammation or breakouts? Well, as luck would have it, your skin can be transformed to something that is much smoother with a few of the following tricks. This article will help you get that clear, smooth skin you’ve always desired for.
1. Start a face-washing routine twice a day
Keeping this habit constant is very important if you want to maintain a better complexion, so be sure that this task is carried out every morning and night:
- Get your face washed with a mild cleanser. Try not to scrub too hard or use rough sponges or washcloths. Or else, this may lead to skin irritation and cause blemishes to remain on your face for a very long time. Use a cleanser/soap if you want to exfoliate, or purchase a facial cleansing brush.
2. Treat acne
Opt for a few of these remedies to offer you the clear, smooth face that’s free from acne. Consider:
- Salicylic acid gel or toner: Salicylic acid exfoliates the skin’s layers rapidly on its own, hence helping acne diminish, and also avert new acne from developing. Make sure to use it every day.
- Benzoyl peroxide lotion or spot treatment: Whether your acne is moderate or in excess, opt for lotion products that contain benzoyl peroxide that you apply all over your face, mostly during night hours. Benzoyl peroxide can also be found in spot treatment formulas.
3. Don’t pop your pimples
You might not have known this but it’s never a good idea to pop your pimples. Though it might look tempting and your hands may be itching to pick on them, but it’s really not worth it. Picking your pimple can aggravate its effects on your face.
- Picked zits form blemishes: Blemishes are irritations in the epidermis and dermis, which are the inner and outer coatings of your skin. When popped, its takes a long period of time for the blemish to be healed, so resist the urge to pick on the zits and stay brave.
4. Only use fresh makeup and brushes
Just like food, makeup gravitates bacteria and which sooner or later goes bad. If it occurs that you have been making use of the same eye shadow, blush, powders, and mascara for over a half year, it’s high time you should throw everything away and start with the new ones. Your skin is definitely going to thank you for it.
Image courtesy of: totalbeauty.com, quoracdn.net, bollywoodshaadis.com, pinimg.com.