Any true exercise enthusiast or athlete knows that protein supplements are essential for you. Homemade, whey protein bars is a good protein supplement and quite fun to make. The trick to making these protein bars lies in the sought of oats you use and your general choice taste. When you use the old type of oats it makes the protein bar harder and more chewy, whiles the quick cook oats have the opposite effect, that is soft protein bar. Chocolate is an all-time favorite, and so it is quite often used to make various snacks and dishes. Many protein bars are also made with chocolate. If you like chocolate I’m sure you do by the way, then guess what? You can make your own protein bars that you can eat for yourself. In this article how to make a Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Bar will be revealed.
1) 2 cups of oats (roast the oat without oil for 15 minutes)
2) 1 cup of peanut butter with no sugar
3) 1/2 a cup of honey
4) 1/2 a cup of unsweetened applesauce
5) 2 tables of sweetened grain chocolate chips
6) A cup of either unflavored or vanilla flavored whey protein powder
7) 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
8) 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
2. How To Make It
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (F).
2. Put all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix properly. Note that your oats should be cool before you put it in that mixing bowl, otherwise the chocolate chips will melt. The dough will be very thick.
3. Spread your batter on a cookie sheet or any baking dish then bake in your 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes until they are a fine golden brown in color and remove.
4. When it cools down, you just store in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container. You can eat your protein bar now.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Protein Bars are very delicious and cost effective, hence you can save some money you would have spent on buying a protein bar. This will also provide variety from the usual store bars. You are also sure to have a great time making it and avoid any unnecessary unhealthy processing.
Image courtesy of: cf.amyshealthybaking.com.